Water — 100 ml
Sugar — 250 g
Syrup — 70 g
Salt — a pinch
Gelatin — 10 g
For the syrup:
Sugar — 175 g
Water — 75 ml
Citric acid — 1/2 tsp
1. Let’s start with the syrup. To do this in a saucepan place all the ingredients.
2. Now put on fire, bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes. The pan definitely cover!
3. Cool slightly and add 1/4 tsp of baking soda diluted in water (just a little). The syrup will foam, but it will pass in about 10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it. The syrup is ready.
4. Let us turn to the main point.
5. Gelatin pour 50 ml of water and leave for 15 minutes. In a saucepan put sugar, remaining water, salt and syrup. Cook for 7-8 minutes under the lid. By this time, the gelatin should be swell. Add it to the sugar mixture and wait until it dissolves.
6. Whip marshmallows future. First 2 minutes to whisk on low speed and gradually move to the highest. The churning will take maximum 10 minutes. You get a white foam. Readiness can determine if the mass begins to thicken.
If you want colored marshmallows, then add the dye or flavoring. In the photo the red dye and fragrance of strawberries.
7. You can take absolutely any bowl (I took the square), covered with baking paper and grease with vegetable oil. To put the ready mixture and leave for 3 hours, and preferably overnight.
8. Next, sprinkle the table with icing sugar, ready to put marshmallows, cut into pieces and each roll in sugar. Store in a covered container so they are not dried up.