Chocolates can be treated differently: as a dangerous temptation, leading to the collapse of any diet or how to universal mood improver. One thing is clear: the recipe of my birthday cake, which Julia brought chocolate from Piedmont, this planamesa combination of supple dough, tender cream and crunchy nuts is absolutely impossible to resist.
dark chocolate – the same heritage of the Piedmont region and the famous black truffles. Almost every month there are festivals and celebrations dedicated to this delicacy. But the main chocolate boom begins, of course, in December. Chocolates in heart shape and Christmas tree balls, chocolate truffles and pasta in colored jars at Christmas time you can buy at any intersection. “But a business card of the pastry – this is the famous “900 Cake” with chocolate cake and delicate cream layer. According to legend, the recipe for the wonderful cake was invented in honour of the new – SCH -century confectioner Ottavio, Bertinotti, hence the name. Surprisingly, so far the exact dessert recipe is kept secret. Through ® years after the creation of the original cake his patent was bought by the family of Cuberto, but she was in no hurry to share technological details. Today chocolate cake you can try all the bakeries in Piedmont, but the real “Cake 900” – only in the old coffee “Al Bicerin”, belonging to the family of Umberto.
preparation: 1 h 20 min
preparation: 1 h
300 g dark chocolate
150 g brown sugar
180 g butter
a handful of hazelnuts
50 g walnuts
pinch of sea salt
50 g almonds
For the cream:
400 g mascarpone
50 g icing sugar
1 tbsp brandy
a pinch of cinnamon
For the glaze:
100 g dark chocolate
1 tbsp honey
The recipe for chocolate Christmas cake
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C.
2. Place in a small pan 170 g butter, sugar and 300 g chocolate, broken into pieces. Put in a water bath, and melt into a homogeneous mass.
3. Almonds and walnuts grind in a blender into fine crumbs.
4. Separate the whites from the yolks. Proteins with a pinch of salt whisk in elastic foam.
5. Whisk the egg yolks with a mixer. Not stopping to shake up, enter the yolks into the chocolate cream mixture and fold in chopped nuts. Then in a few receptions stir in the beaten egg whites.
6. Form for baking grease with the remaining butter, put the dough and send in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The readiness check skewer and if the cake is not cooked, cover it with baking paper and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
7. For the cream zest the orange and grate on a fine grater, squeeze the juice out of it.
8. Prepare the cream: combine the zest with 2 tbsp orange juice, add the mascarpone, cinnamon, powdered sugar, pour the brandy and mix everything carefully.
9. The cooled chocolate cake layer cut in half lengthwise, brush the bottom half with cream and cover with second.
10. Prepare the glaze: 100 g of chocolate melt in a water bath, then add the honey, stir, pour the cake icing and flatten with wide knife.
11. Hazelnut mash in a mortar and sprinkle them a cake from all sides.