• 2/3 Cup (60g) cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• ¾ Teaspoon salt
• 2 cups (475мл) of vegetable milk without sweetener
• 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
• 1 ¾ cups (350g) sugar
• 2/3 Cup (160ml) coconut oil / other vegetable
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, or vanilla to taste
For the cream:
• 1 Cup (245гр) mashed pumpkin (or persimmon)
• ¼ Cup (20g) cocoa powder
• ¼ Cup (60ml) maple syrup, or other sweetener
• 3 tablespoons peanut butter
For the ganache:
• 170gr chocolate, chopped
• ½ Cup (120ml) of coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or other sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Grease two form diameter 20-23cm.
2. Mix with a whisk the flour, cocoa, soda and salt in large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk milk and vinegar until the mixture begins to collapse. Add sugar, oil and vanilla.
4. Add one third of mixture into flour and stir with a whisk or spatula. Add another third, mix and add remainder of liquid. Put the dough in a prepared form.
5. Bake about 25 minutes, until a toothpick will not come out of center clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the forms.
6. To prepare the cream: add all ingredients in blender and mix.
7. To prepare the ganache, add the chocolate in a medium sized bowl. Mix the milk and syrup in a small saucepan on the fire a little weaker medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture lightly boils. Pour in chocolate and stir until it has melted. Allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Remove the cakes from forms. Put one cake layer and gently cut off the tip. Spread the cream and place the other sponge on top. Pour the chocolate ganache and allow to drain on the sides. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Leftovers stored in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Number of servings: 10-12