Egg white — 12 PCs.
Flour — 110 g
Baking powder — 3 tsp
Powdered sugar — 200 g
Water — 80 ml
Salt (fine) 0, 25 tsp.
Orange — 1 PC.
Butter — 140 g
Lemon juice -5 PCs.
Egg yolk — 4 PCs.
Egg — 1 PC.
Sugar (fine) — 300 g
Cream 30% — 300 ml
Powdered sugar — 3 tbsp
Strawberry — 300 g
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, in which to whisk the egg whites, whisk water, salt, 3 tbsp of powdered sugar and baking powder until smooth condition. Add the whites and whisk until the stage of formation of unstable peaks. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒ C. in a bowl, Mix the flour and remaining sugar. While continuing to whisk the egg whites, small amounts enter the powdered sugar with the flour. Better not more than 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. In a baking pan carefully put the protein dough. Place in the oven. Bake 35-40 minutes.
4. Make a test with a toothpick for readiness.
Note: if a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out clean, the cake is ready.
5. Remove the cake from oven and immediately flip the form upside down (a couple of minutes of delay and the cake will fall. Let the crust cool completely in this state (at least 2 hours).
6. When the sponge cake has cooled, using a knife, carefully cutting the edges, remove the cake from the form.
7. In a bowl mix lemon juice, sugar, yolks and egg. Beat well with a whisk until smooth consistency. Put in a water bath and whisk for 10-15 minutes until thick sauce. Remove the cream from the water bath and add the pieces of butter, continuing to whisk. Cream cool and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
8. Before the Assembly prepare creamy lemon cream. Whip the cold cream and powdered sugar in a solid foam. Carefully enter 2/3 of cold lemon Kurd. Mix well until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
9. Half of strawberries cut into slices. The most beautiful berries leave for decoration.
10. Carefully with a sharp knife, cut the biscuit in half.
11. Lubricate the lower crust 1/3 of the lemon curd, put the plate of strawberries and cover with the top crust.
12. Generously brush the surface of the cake with creamy lemon frosting. You should leave it on for about half of the cream. Put a cake and remaining cream in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
13. After cooling, the grease remaining cream, giving already a desirable pattern. The waves can be done using a tablespoon, pressing in places, making the prints.
14. The top of the cake garnish with strawberries and, if desired, blueberries and mint. The cake is ready, serve immediately.